El Castillo / El Ejido
This beach is one of the largest and most comfortable beaches in town. It is located just before the Fuengirola river, next to Sohail Castle and forms part of the extensive sandy stretch of beaches in Fuengirola.
It is mainly visited by people wishing to escape from the avalanche of tourists that invade the Fuengirola coastline in the summer months. The absence of any large buildings behind it ensures long hours of sunlight. The river forms a small lake on El Castillo beach, which children take advantage of to bathe.
This beach has also traditionally been the site where the natives of Fuengirola and holidaymakers choose to hold their night-time "moragas", or fish barbecues, due to its extension and tranquillity. It is one of the best places on the Costa del Sol to hold them after obtaining prior authorisation to do so.
- Services and infrastructures
- Cleaning service, Beach umbrella rentals, Car park, Red Cross, Deck chair rentals, Showers, Markings, Life guards and rescue team, Seaside promenade, Walkways, Beach bar, Paper bins, Toilets
Paseo Marítimo Rey de España, 1. Zona de El Castillo.
29640 Fuengirola (Fuengirola - Centro)
Tel.: 952 58 23 20
Web El Castillo / El Ejido
- Semi-urban beach
- Level of occupation
- Types of Access
- Bandera Azul, Marca Q de calidad turística
- Beach quality labels
- Pedestrian, Road
- Equipped with nudist area
- Types of sand
- Dark, Fine
- Bathing conditions
- Width in metres
- Equipped with access for the disabled